Based in The Netherlands
17 February 2018
|EUR||Pay what you want|
Mobility! is an acrobatic precision platformer. Platform throughout various levels, while you fall on, slide off, or otherwise touch every block on the level. Every level is part of a larger spaceship, which has broken down in one way or another. It's up to you to get them back up running as part of your training for the Mobility, an elite-class league of master repairmen. In an age of starships and public space travel, they're often the saviors when major problems occur. Mobility is designed to appeal to a large range of players: it's not as punishing as your usual precision platformer.
Development on Mobility started halfway 2015. The idea to take elements from Mario's set of fluent movement actions, and then combine that with a precision platformer, slowly but surely gained shape. Gradually, it also became an attempt to make the precision platformer genre accessible to a wider audience by making the difficulty very fair.
- An acrobatic, non-linear precision platformer: jump, flip and fly through levels in spaceships
- Accessible: difficulty settings, slowdown feature, and key remapping available
- Challenging: difficulty settings, replay recording, and a speedrun timer available
- Minimalist graphical design with attention to details
- Finish your training, and become a master of the Mobility!
Logo & Icon
- "Hardcore platformer that’s also tooled to be more forgiving than the standard “I want you dead now!” difficulty, depending on player preference. The platforms electrifying after use is a nice, if evil, touch."
- Hardcore Gamer, https://www.hardcoregamer.com/
- "I don't know how I haven't seen this before, this looks great!"
- Tesselode, https://itch.io/profile/tesselode
An overview of the development of the game is available on itch.io.
A hobbyist game dev and a game design student.
More information on Auroriax, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design, art, code, and everything else
Additional world & level design