Based in The Netherlands
20th of August 2020
In Fake Illusions, players are tasked with fields of optical illusions with the task to fish out a cheater, an illusion that's trying to decieve you even more than usual! They might be actually longer or shorter than the other illusions on the screen, or a different color, or might even conceal themselves with annoying distractions. It's your job to see through the deception! Fake Illusions makes ten classic optical illusions playable, a shuffle mode where all illusions follow each other up, and an endless mode.
The idea of this game was born out of wanting to make a game about optical illusions. The gameplay with the faker ended up working well with the Hermann Grid, so I gradually started adding more illusions. Fake Illusions mostly uses optical illusions which were discovered around the 19th century.
- Ten optical illusions playable for the first time ever! Including Shuffle and Endless modes.
- Five distractions for each illusion, deceiving your eyes in clever and fun ways. Over 40 different deceptions!
- Accessible: difficulty setting, no text, easy for spectators to guess along
- Relaxing sounds to accompany the eye-bending sights
Launch Trailer YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Part of the Official Selection" Indigo 2020
An overview of the development of the game is available on auroriax.itch.io.
A Game Designer and hobbyist game developer in the Netherlands.
More information on Auroriax, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fake Illusions Credits